These women laughed with surprising joy when I asked if I could get a picture with them.
I would not have been so happy had I been carrying a pile of wood on my head so I had a way to cook dinner for my family.
When you think you have it tough, there are those in other countries (and possibly next door) who have it worse.
“I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:11-13
QUESTIONS: (Add your own personal questions, too.)
- What is one thing you aren’t content about right now? Why? What’s happening? (Maybe you can help your kids by suggesting something you see they aren’t content.)
- How does Philippians 4:11-13 encourage you?
- Where will you get the strength to be content? (Through Jesus, the Holy Spirit and prayer!)
- We may not be able to see it now, but God may be teaching you/us something. What do you think it might be?
- Close in a short prayer: “Lord, help us be content. Help us to trust you in all situations. Help us to depend upon your strength.”
Trackback from your site.