Is there anything more important than leading our children’s heart to His? More important than leading them to love God?
All of us would say God is most important, but our schedules just might tell a different story. So many children IN the church are growing UP & growing OUT of faith. One big reason is that less than 10% of parents in the church are praying together as a family (other than an mealtime prayer.)
God, even from the very beginning, instructed us on how to lead our children to know God. The answer is to bring Him into everyday discussions and conversations:
These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 6:5-7
- tells the story of a youth pastor’s journey to discovering the most effective way to disciple children.
- discusses the parents’ opportunity to influence future generations.
- challenges us to have a godly vision that goes beyond everything this world offers.
- casts a vision for what is most important: living for a loving, caring, powerful, active God!
- reminds them to be devoted: they cannot pass what they don’t have. (Deut. 6.6)
- inspires parents to surrender everything in their schedules.
- challenges grandparents & empty-nesters not to give up!
- Encourages them to press on: God is bigger than our shortfalls and past!
You will leave inspired and equipped with simple ideas you can apply immediately to make God known in the midst of daily family life, living out Deuteronomy 6.