Download PDF here: Dead Faith Walking
DEAD FAITH WALKING
Read James 2: 14-17
ASK THE KIDDOS:
- What can a dead thing do?
- What is meant by “works” or “deeds?” (The things we do to put our faith in action. What we do because of our faith, the fruit of our faith…)
- Do you know someone (don’t mention names) that claims to be a person who really believes in God, but they don’t have much action to back it up, they don’t live it out? Is their faith making a difference?
- Do you know a person who is a Christian and who puts his/her faith into action?
- How do you think they are impacting the people around them? (People probably like being around them, they probably help people, they are probably nice to others and people can probably tell they love God.)
- How do you put your faith into action at school? At church? At home? At work? Etc.
How can we, as a family, put action to our faith? In our neighborhood? At a nursing home? At church? Etc. (Come up with at least one way you can put your faith into action in your neighborhood, they will see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:16)
Memory Verse: Matthew 5.16
Close in prayer. You can say, “God help us to put our faith into action. Help us to see the needs of others, so they will glorify You!”
Trackback from your site.