ASK THE KIDDOS:
• Have you ever forgotten to look in a mirror and then after you left the house and got somewhere (like school or work or a meeting) and realize you didn’t fix your hair or you had a stain on your clothes or…
(Mom or dad could share a story of a time they did this. For me, one of the times was when I cut myself shaving and I put a little piece of tissue paper on my cut to stop the bleeding. I went to school with this still on!)
• How did you feel? Foolish? Embarrassed?
• Now suppose you did look at yourself in a mirror and noticed (whatever it was from above), and still ignored it and immediately forgot about what you looked like? How would you describe someone like this? Careless? Foolish?
• Why do you think of them like that? Because they ignore what they see. They don’t care enough about themselves to make a change or correct what is wrong.
• If I (Daddy/Mommy) had an important meeting and I didn’t care about what I looked like, what would this tell the person I was meeting with?
READ: James 1:22-25
• How would you describe someone who hears God’s Word, but does not apply it to their lives?
• Why do you think of them like that?
• How do they really feel about God?
• Why does James say it will set you free? You won’t be trapped by all the consequences of bad choices. You can rest in the authority of God.
• What is the result of doing what God says? Blessing.
• What are you choosing to ignore about God’s Word or His commands?
PRAYER: “God, Help us to follow you, no matter how hard it is, knowing you have the best and perfect plan for us to follow. ”